Chesapeake Shakespeare Company
Commercial, Historic Renovation
The new 20,000 square foot Chesapeake Shakespeare Theater is designed as a modern globe with 250 seats on three levels surrounding a thrust stage. The design incorporates many of the building’s existing historic architectural elements including the intricately carved coffered ceiling and Corinthian columns, while delicately inserting a steel structure to support the mezzanine and new third floor balcony.
A recent article in Retrofit Magazine.
- 2014 Baltimore Architecture Foundation, Golden Griffin Award
- 2014 Preservation MD, Phoenix Award
- 2015 Baltimore Heritage, Adaptive Reuse Award
- 2015 AIA Maryland, Citation Award
- 2015 AIABaltimore, Honorable Mention