Southway was selected by Episcopal Housing Corporation and Women’s Housing Coalition to renovate and expand the Linden House in Reservoir Hill. The renovated Victorian mansion provides permanent, supportive housing for five families.
The property is listed on the National Registry of Historic places and was also known as the Gertrude Stein house, after a brief residency with her uncle about 1892. In recent years the house was condemned and left for decay with an uncertain future. The renovation restored many of the historical details of the house while providing modern day conveniences. Windows were replaced with historic replicas providing energy efficiency and functionality. The side porch was rebuilt using cedar and composite materials to match photos of the original structure.